Drain Cleaning in Van Nuys
We’ll Have Your Drains Flowing—Fast!
Don’t let a clogged drain ruin your day; call Ninja Plumber for fast and affordable drain cleaning in Van Nuys and the surrounding areas! Whether you’ve got a clogged kitchen sink, a toilet that won’t flush, or a shower or tub that’s draining slowly, our expert plumbers can get in and get your drains flowing again in no time. We are equipped with advanced plumbing techniques, like hydro-jetting, to tackle even the toughest of clogs.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains & How to Avoid Them
Clogged drains are not totally unavoidable—at some point, they’re bound to happen. That being said, there are certain measures you can take to prevent drain clogs and save yourself the headache of having to deal with a backed-up sink, toilet, shower, or tub.
First, it’s good to know some of the most common causes of drain clogs. These include:
- Hair becoming trapped in drains
- Soap scum and grime buildup
- Foreign objects and debris going into drains
- Tree roots growing into pipes underground
- Food waste getting stuck in drains
- Excessive toilet paper use
- Flushing of unsuitable items (feminine hygiene products, paper towels, etc.)
- Mineral buildup in pipes
To help prevent drain clogs, you can:
- Install strainers/traps over drains to catch hair, foreign objects, and other debris
- Never flush anything but toilet paper and waste down toilets, and limit toilet paper usage
- Keep toilet lids closed to prevent small objects from falling in
- Use a garbage disposal to chop up approved food items; put all other food waste in the trash
- Consider having a water softener installed to reduce “hard” water buildup
- Never wash anything down drains that shouldn’t go down
Serving Customers throughout Los Angeles
Even with proper precautions, you’re bound to run into a clogged drain every now and again. When that happens, contact Ninja Plumber for fast and reliable drain cleaning in Van Nuys and the nearby areas. While it is possible to address some minor drain clogs on your own, we don’t recommend a DIY approach for moderate to major clogs, and you should always avoid using caustic, store-bought drain cleaners, as these can cause more harm than good.