Toilet Repair & Replacement in Los Angeles
Toilet Unclogging & Toilet Installation in Van Nuys, Ventura County & Beyond
Few things have the power to ruin your day like a toilet that won’t flush. Luckily, Ninja Plumber is here to help! We offer a full range of toilet services in Van Nuys, Ventura County, and the surrounding areas, including clog removals, toilet repairs, and new toilet installations. When you call, we’ll arrive quickly and get right to work addressing the problem. We’re even available for 24/7 emergency service. With Ninja Plumber, S#!T's ABOUT TO GO DOWN!
Why Toilets Clog
Avoid toilet clogs by understanding why they happen. Start taking preventative measures now so you can save yourself from the inconvenience moving forward.
Here’s why toilets clogs:
- You have a low-flow toilet – these older fixtures usually lack the pressure necessary to move waste through the trap and drain
- You're flushing items you shouldn't – from Q-tips to cotton balls to tampons, if it’s not human waste or toilet paper, it’s going to cause problems
- You're using excessive amounts of TP – using too much TP or 2-ply delays the dissolving process, causing it to stick in the toilet or drain lines
- Your toilet trap is clogged – just like a sink's P-trap, your toilet has an S-trap connecting the toilet bowl and drain line, where non-flushable items get stuck
- Your toilet vent is blocked – a blockage in your toilet vent, which is located in your roof, prevents fresh air from entering your plumbing and providing pressure
How to Prevent Toilet Clogs
Clogged toilets are one of the most common plumbing problems we see here at Ninja Plumber. While some clogs are bound to happen, most can be avoided. If you’re tired of dealing with unexpected clogged toilet emergencies, there are a few things you can do to reduce the number of clogs you have to deal with.
Some simple ways to prevent toilet clogs include:
- Use Less Toilet Paper: Excessive toilet paper use is one of the most common causes of clogged toilets. Using less toilet paper or less-thick toilet paper is one of the easiest and most practical ways to reduce clogs.
- Never Flush Anything That Shouldn’t Be Flushed: This includes feminine hygiene products, paper towels, diapers, wipes, and other items. It also goes without saying that you shouldn’t flush foreign objects, like hair pins, toothbrushes, toys, or trash.
- Keep the Lid Closed: Keep the toilet lid closed when it’s not in use to reduce the likelihood of foreign objects falling into the bowl. If you have children, make sure the toilet lid is baby-proofed and always keep it closed so your kids don’t flush anything they shouldn’t.
While some clogs can be effectively handled with a plunger and some elbow grease, bigger clogs should be left to the pros. Never use store-bought drain cleaners, as these often contain caustic chemicals that can be damaging to your pipes and sewer lines.
For professional toilet unclogging in Van Nuys or anywhere in the Los Angeles or Ventura County area, contact Ninja Plumber!
When to Replace a Toilet
Over time, your toilet can suffer serious wear and tear. While some minor cracks and leaks can be effectively repaired, other issues call for total toilet replacement.
Contact Ninja Plumber for toilet replacement in Van Nuys or Ventura County if you notice any of the following issues:
- It clogs frequently (about once a week)
- There are significant cracks in the bowl or on the tank
- The tank and/or bowl are leaking
- Your water bills are going up without explanation
- The toilet itself is not secure to the ground
Whether you need toilet replacement, repairs, or emergency clog removal, Ninja Plumber is ready to help. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Call (818) 649-5559 to make an appointment for toilet services in Van Nuys, the San Fernando Valley, or anywhere in the Los Angeles or Ventura County area.