Water Heater Repair in Los Angeles, CA
24-Hour Water Heater Service in Van Nuys, Los Angeles & Ventura County
Since 2013, we’ve been the area’s trusted plumbing professionals. Our expert technicians offer a full range of water heater services in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, and Ventura County from new water heater installation to comprehensive repairs and replacements. We understand that having hot water is important; that’s why we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you with emergency service.
Our Hot Water Heater Services
We are proud to offer the following water heater services:
- New installation
- Tankless water heater services
Other common water heater problems—such as sediment buildup, uneven water temperatures, or an unlit pilot light—can usually be effectively addressed with professional repairs.
Signs Your Water Heater May Need Professional Repair
Your water heater plays a crucial role in your daily life, providing hot water for showers, dishes, laundry, and more. When it's functioning correctly, it often goes unnoticed. However, when problems arise, they can disrupt your routine and comfort. At Ninja Plumber, we understand the importance of a properly functioning water heater.
Here are the signs that you water heater is in need of professional repair:
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: One of the first signs of water heater trouble is inconsistent water temperature. If your hot water supply fluctuates between scalding and cold, it could be due to a faulty thermostat or heating element.
- No Hot Water: The most apparent sign of a water heater issue is a complete lack of hot water. If you turn on the hot water tap and only cold water comes out, it's time to investigate the cause.
- Reduced Hot Water Supply: If your hot water runs out quickly or provides less hot water than usual, it may indicate sediment buildup or a malfunctioning heating element.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises coming from your water heater, such as banging, popping, or hissing sounds, can indicate issues like sediment buildup or overheating.
- Leaking Water: Any visible signs of water leakage around the water heater are cause for concern. Leaks can result from a faulty valve, a corroded tank, or a deteriorating pressure relief valve.
- Discolored or Rusty Water: If the hot water appears discolored, rusty, or has a metallic taste, it could signal corrosion inside the tank. Rusty water can also damage your plumbing system.
- Foul Odors: Foul-smelling water, often described as a rotten egg odor, is usually a sign of bacterial growth inside the tank. This can be resolved through flushing and cleaning.
- High Energy Bills: A sudden increase in your energy bills without a corresponding change in usage may indicate that your water heater is operating inefficiently.
- Pilot Light Problems (Gas Heaters): Gas water heaters may experience issues with the pilot light, such as frequent extinguishing or difficulty staying lit. This can be due to a malfunctioning thermocouple or gas valve.
- Age of the Water Heater: The age of your water heater is an essential factor. Most water heaters have a lifespan of around 10-15 years. If yours is approaching this age, it may be more prone to issues and inefficiency.
Recognizing these signs of water heater trouble is essential for addressing issues promptly and avoiding more extensive and costly repairs. If you notice any of these signs or have concerns about the performance of your water heater, it's wise to contact Ninja Plumber. Our experienced technicians can diagnose and repair water heater problems efficiently, ensuring you have a reliable and efficient hot water supply once again.
Water Heater FAQs
Courteous and capable professionals. Reasonable price.- Benjamin L.
Would highly recommend this company
alled Ninja Plumber and they were quick to come out.- Eva E
It's a good thing to find pros like this.
I used Ninja Plumber once in 2017 and again today in 2019. First time was to work on my sink and this time was to replace my water pressure regulator. Both experiences were excellent.- Roy H.
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
If your water heater isn’t working properly or if it’s sprung a leak, you might be wondering whether it can be repaired or if you’ll need to replace it altogether. A new water heater may seem like a large initial investment but, in many cases, replacing your water heater could be the more cost-effective solution.
So, how can you tell if your water heater should be replaced? Some signs include:
- Leaks: When water heaters start leaking, repairs are simply not an option. If you’ve found a big puddle of water under your water heater or have seen other signs of a leak, it’s time to schedule a water heater replacement service.
- Corrosion: Corrosion can—and likely will—lead to leaks. While you may have some time, depending on the extent of the corrosion, you should be prepared to replace your water heater soon.
- Poor Energy Efficiency: Old water heaters simply aren’t as efficient as newer models. While poor energy efficiency isn’t necessarily something you can’t live with, replacing your water heater with a new, energy-efficient model can ultimately offset the price of installation.
- Rusty Water: As your tank ages, mineral deposits build up over time and will cause visible dirt or rust coming from your water taps. If you notice signs of rusted water, contact your local professional plumber.
- Odd noises: Banging or tapping sounds coming from your water heater can signify that you have sediment buildup and can cause cracks in your tank, leading to a leaky tank. It would be best if you considered replacing it with a newer model.
Call Ninja Plumber Today
You can trust our team to provide you with honest and professional recommendations and advice regarding whether you need water heater repairs or replacement. If your current unit can’t be fixed, we offer high-quality water heater installation in Los Angeles.
Our team will ensure that your new water heater is installed correctly and that everything is up to code. Learn more about our financing options! In addition to water heater repairs and replacements, we also offer maintenance services. Flushing the tank at least once a year will help prevent sediment buildup, improve performance, increase efficiency, and extend the lifespan of your water heater.
Learn more by contacting us online today!